Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beginning of the Year

As summer vacation comes to an end, I want to begin to change mindsets and get into "school" mode.  As we start wrapping our minds around where the summer went, we have to now begin to think about the upcoming school year. 

Many things begin to go through parent's and student's minds.  "Who will be my teacher?", "I hope they have a good year.", "I hope they didn't lose everything they learned last year.", just to name a few. 

Every year starts out with great excitement.  Seeing friends you might not have seen through the summer.  Structure returns to everyone's lives.  Your mindset changes from getting up whenever you want and doing whatever you to having a routine.  Wake up at 7, eat breakfast, head to school, etc. 

Keep in mind that these changes take time for the kids to adapt to.  If you have questions about what our day will look like, please come in and check it out!  The students have a tendency to share as little as possible from their day.  I love to field questions about our day.  Email works great for me as well as texts! 

I want nothing more than for the students to walk into our room and feel welcomed and comfortable.  You can help this process by supporting the students as you have through their entire school career! 

No comments:

Post a Comment